Welcome to Upson-Lee Middle School
Upson-Lee Middle School serves approximately 950 students in grades 6-8 and is a Georgia Lighthouse School to Watch. A lighthouse school is recognized for academic excellence, strong leadership, faculty responsiveness to the needs and interests of students, and commitment to assessment and accountability in order to bring about continuous improvement. Upson-Lee Middle School offers a broad and challenging curriculum to meet the needs of the middle grades child. Dedicated, hard-working, and talented faculty and staff are committed to providing all students with the knowledge and skills that will equip them for the future. The school’s strong technology focus includes ACTIVboard Collaborative Classroom systems in all classrooms as well as a 1:1 student to modern laptop computer initiative. The school is fully accredited by the AdvancEd (SACS/CASSI) and is accredited with quality by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC).
Principal: Mrs. Rhonda Gulley
First Day Forms Online
Georgia Lighthouse School To Watch
Upson-Lee Middle School (ULMS) was designated a Georgia Lighthouse School To Watch in 2005. Since 2005, ULMS has been redesignated in 2008, 2011, and 2014.
August 17 Will Be The First Day of School for T-U Students
August 17 Will Be The First Day of School for T-U Students:
Superintendent Dr. Larry Derico has announced a revised plan for opening Thomaston-Upson Schools for the 2020-21 school year. This plan was finalized and presented to the Board of Education after the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) notified the school system that COVID-19 community spread, as defined by DPH, has moved from “moderate” to “substantial” for District 4. District 4 includes Upson County and 11 surrounding counties.
According to the Thomaston-Upson revised plan:
• Students will return to school on August 17.
• Teachers will return to work as scheduled on July 28.
• All other T-U staff will return to work according to the original schedule.
• Pre-planning days will be utilized for professional development that will include training and preparation for remote, distance, and face-to-face learning.
• Parents will receive one final opportunity to sign up their students for remote learning. *Please note that the deadline for signing the agreement is July 29, 2020. There will be no extensions to this deadline due to the schools needing sufficient time for the preparation of remote learning. Once signed, the remote learning agreement is binding through the first 9-weeks for grades K-8 and through the first semester for grades 9-12.
• School meals will be available to all remote learning students.
• Face-to-face instruction will continue at all T-U schools unless closure is mandated or recommended by state, district, and/or community authorities.
• All enhanced safety and sanitization efforts will remain in place for face-to-face instruction.
The remote learning agreements for all T-U schools may be accessed below. They will also be available on the district website at www.upson.k12.ga.us. If you have additional questions, you may contact your school principal or the T-U district office at 706-647-9621.
Links to Remote Learning Agreements:
Upson-Lee Primary School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee Elementary School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee Middle School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee High School Remote Learning Agreement